Access to and use of the Exmoor Club website (the ‘Website’) is provided by The Exmoor Club to you (the ‘User’) subject to the following Terms and Conditions (the ‘Terms and Conditions’). In using this site the User indicates his agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. In agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the other documents referred to and incorporated into these Terms and Conditions, and the expression ‘Terms and Conditions’ shall be deemed to include these other materials.
1. Changes To The Website
The User acknowledges and accepts that The Exmoor Club may from time to time alter any aspect of the website, or any of the services or products provided through the Website, as it thinks fit and without notice to the User. Further, Exmoor4all may alter the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. The User accepts that it will have no claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of any such alteration.
2. User Conduct
The User warrants that in its use of the Website they shall:
- (a) use the Website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any third party;
- (b) not engage in any conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person;
- (c) without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (b) above, not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information in which the User does not own the intellectual property rights, or any material which is in any way unlawful or which is potentially harmful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic or otherwise obscene, or racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable; and
- (d) not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intended or having for effect to disrupt or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the Website or of other Users’ computer systems. Exmoor4all shall be entitled to remove any material or restrict or terminate your access to the Website in the event that any of the above warranties are breached.
The User accepts and acknowledges that The Exmoor Club and thus The Exmoor Club, its officers, employees, agents, representatives of any sort, and advisers shall not in any way be liable for any damage, loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from the User’s downloading of any of the Contents from the Website, or its reliance on or use of any of the Contents for any purpose.
Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, The Exmoor Club hereby excludes, insofar as permitted by law, all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of any of the Contents, including but not limited to any information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons forming part of them, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third party rights or any law, compatibility, security and accuracy.
4. Hypertext Links
The Website and its Contents may incorporate links to the websites and services of third parties. Such links are provided for the User’s convenience only, and their provision does not constitute an authorisation by The Exmoor Club to the User to access such third-party websites, nor an endorsement of the content of such third party websites by Exmoor4all.
The User acknowledges and accepts that The Exmoor Club is not, and shall not be held responsible for any damages, loss, costs or expenses arising from the use of such third party websites, or products or services available through such third party websites.
The Exmoor Club reserves the right to terminate forthwith, or to refuse to permit, the use of the Website by any User, at any time and at The Exmoor Club’s absolute discretion.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The rights of The Exmoor Club and the User under these Terms and Conditions may be exercised as often as necessary. They are cumulative and not exclusive of either party’s rights under the general law, and may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any right is not a waiver of that right.
8. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Non-acceptance of the terms and conditions
If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, you do not have permission to access the Contents of the Website and therefore should cease using the Website immediately.
9. Customer Charter
At The Exmoor Club we will do everything to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service. However, we recognise that sometimes we do not get things right. When this happens we will encourage you to tell us any comments or feedback that you have to help us improve our service. Where issues arise, we welcome the opportunity to put things right.
We want to:
- make it easy for you to contact us;
- listen to you;
- consider how you would like us to resolve things;
- make sure you are satisfied with how we handled your concerns.
How to contact us
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service provided by The Exmoor Club, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com
How we will reply
Our aim is to resolve your concern as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve your request quickly, we will contact you to:
- acknowledge your concern.
- advise you who is dealing with your enquiry